Fumi-san summarized “what Yong Joon wanted to say in the GQ interview” on JOB. I would appreciate it if you would contact me if you wish to repost this information elsewhere.
From fumi-san’s post on JOB on May 30, 2006
Translated by flowerbossa
1. It is my fault that I don’t have a private life. I sometimes think that I need to change my personality, but it is not so easy. I don’t think I can live like this throughout my life.
2. Acting in “April Snow” was difficult experience for me, and I feel that the influence lingers even today.
3. I do not think I have a talent for acting. There are times when I cannot fit in with the other actors. Perhaps it is because I do not possess “ki” .
4. I have no intention whatsoever in maintaining a fixed image.
5. There were times when I could not sleep due to stress.
6. I sometimes feel the responsibility that I must do something for my country Korea. However, I feel a hint of “malevolence” when the media directs political questions to me. If you would consider the consequences of a political remark, there is not way that I can make a comment on such a topic.
7. My fans treat me as If I am a relative, and that is why I call them family. I think my family will continue to support me even after I get married.
8. The Korean media (some of the reporters) are not helpful. I was very displeased by the reports that went out saying that “I made a lot of money”. I cannot understand why everyone likes to talk only about money. The Korean wave should wane very shortly, if people continue to think like this.
9. I am interested in issues related to education, the environment, and health and I hope to start a business in these areas in the future.